Exploring the Unknown

Exploring the Unknown
Representing the 99%!

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Moto Bella: Accompanying Services - Book Today!

Obtaining a driver's license for a motorcycle (Class 6A) in Quebec is a straightforward, if not lengthy process. Like most provinces in Canada, you need to complete a theory course and practicum. The latter can be completed in one riding season. However, unlike other provinces where you are allowed to ride solo after finishing your closed-track test (step 4), la Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) in its infinite wisdom has opted to make it mandatory for new motorcyclists to wait eleven (11) months before being eligible to take their road test (step 5). Making matters worse, during these eleven months new motorcyclists must be accompanied by a full licensed motorcyclist. Otherwise if you are stopped by the police, for any reason, you can lose your probationary license, have your motorcycle impounded and face a hefty fine.



Hire Bella and Me At An Unbeatable Price!


Meet Bella, My Moto Guzzi V7Racer!
With over a hundred thousand miles of experience riding motorcycles, I am an all-weather biker that commuted daily in good ol'Irish weather for nearly a decade in the Republic of Ireland. I've treated all the women (motorcycles) in my life with respect and have taught at all levels of academia; including having worked as a motorcycle (Class 6A) and passenger vehicle (Class 5) instructor. The latter was in Quebec via Sur 2 Roues Motorcycle School and Permis Plus. Thus, I am familiar with the training that you will be undergoing via your certified motorcycle school and can supplement said courses with private one to one or one to group riding experiences with all the advantages of option one and two but with none of the disadvantages. I ride for the therapy and pleasure of it and would like to share my enthusiasm with learners. Presently I am working during the autumn and winter as a professor at a local college in Sherbrooke, Quebec. One of the many courses that I teach is titled Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Studies, but I digress. The latter employment means that I have my summers free to work around your schedule!

What Bella and I Offer


Beauty & The Beast! ;-)
Flexible Hourly Rates: Whether you live in Sherbrooke or *Montreal, I will happily ride down to your house and take you out for a prescribed amount of time as agreed upon prior to my departure. My Hourly Rate is $30.00 for one (1) hour; $50.00 for two (2) hours; $60.00 for three (3) hours. 

Flexible Schedule: Simply put, because I have my summers off I can work around your schedule and give you the one to one attention that you need in order to better prepare you for your road test. I can meet you in the mornings, afternoons or evenings.

Home Pick-Up and Drop-Off: Bella and I will personally pick you up and drop you off at your residence. It may be possible to arrange to have me drop you off at another residence, however, keep in mind that in Quebec it is illegal to ride without an accompanying rider. Thus, you will have to make the appropriate arrangements to have a **friend accompany you home or trailer your motorcycle home. Naturally, I can always come back and collect you at a later date and time if you wish to arrange that as well.

Event Drop Off and Pick Up: Are your friends unable to collect you and accompany you to an event? Bella and I would be happy to do so for you. We will personally pick you up and drop you off at your event. This can be a one way trip if you have made arrangements with your **friends to accompany you back home. However, if need be, we can happily collect you after the event and return you to your doorstep at the end of the day.

Day Trips: You caught the motorcycling bug and, like me, feel like you can get lost in riding for hours on end. No worries, Bella and I would be happy to accompany you on your adventure in and around the beautiful Eastern Townships. We can arrange pick-ups and drop-offs as usual. A flat-rate of $100.00 for a six (6) hour day trip will be charged! It is both my personal and professional opinion that learners will be very tired by the end of a six hour journey. The six hours begin at the time of pick-up.

Weekend Trips: This is geared for learners with plenty of road experience and who may have an event they want to attend in Quebec. Bella and I would be delighted to accompany you on your adventure. We can also arrange pick-ups and drop offs as usual. A Flat Rate of $300.00 will be charged for two days. The price includes accommodation and nourishment for both Bella and I. Weekend trips need to be planned well in advance.

*Nota Bene: A non-refundable deposit of $20.00 travel expense is charged for customers. This covers my journey to and from Sherbrooke. This fee does not apply to day trips or weekend trips.

**An accompanying rider must be a full licensed motorcyclist riding a motorcycle. It is prohibited in Quebec law to accompany a learner motorcyclist in a passenger vehicle (i.e. car/suv/pick-up) regardless if the driver of said passenger vehicle has a full motorcycle license (Class 6A)!

Payment Options


SmartSwipe is a sure bet!

There are many ways which you can pay for Bella and my services. Deposits and or full payments can be made via PayPal or CIBC Interac E-Transfer. I will be looking into registering and signing up with Merchant Account Solutions (MAS). Merchant Account Solutions was founded in 2007 and is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank. It is headquartered in California, U.S.A. Merchant Account Solutions has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since May 2015. Trusted by over 100, 000 merchants, many of their customers include but is not limited to well-known companies like Domino’s Pizza, Chevron, Mary Kay, Subway and AT&T. Specifically, I would like to use a wireless credit card reader like SmartSwipe, a mobile card reader that connects to and turns my iPhone or iPad into a credit card terminal. Features include, signature capture, tip functionality, cash transactions, tax calculator, text and email receipts and memos in history. It provides ease of payment and processing for both service providers and customers in North America where the majority of us are carrying less money and relying more on our credit and debit cards. Ranked as one of the best credit card swipers on the market today, it's a quick, secure and easy way to pay for our services. Though payment is required at the time of pick up, this also opens up the opportunity to add on an additional hour or two during our outing should you find yourself not quite ready to return home. Payments can be added on the spot and an email receipt will instantaneously be sent to your email account. Thus, we can focus on what is most important, namely riding! However, if you would rather pay in good old fashioned cash, that is perfectly fine with Bella and I as well! Remember, payment is due upon pick up!

For further information check out my FAQ section! I list other options for learners. Choose the option that is best for you. Whether you have questions or you're ready to book a couple of dates today, I am happy to help and answer any questions that you may have. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at: mrjcorbin@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment