Exploring the Unknown

Exploring the Unknown
Representing the 99%!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Ups and Downs of Life!


You know that meme that we always see , of the crying strung out person breaking down? With the words"me trying to find a balance life etc." then there is  the photo after? That my friends is artist life ( and life in general I suppose ). Well anyways it's mine, BUT, its worth it.

6 years I have been in this career. 6 long wonderful years of ups and downs. Moments of "I should give up and just focus on a 'Real Job'.  Moments of  "oh my goodness I'm doing it !'  Then the moments of 'oh my goodness why am I doing this!? '.  6 years and finally this year I seem to have somewhat found the balance. Again I say somewhat.  I've come to accept that we cant always be riding the high, and that we must keep learning to be able to grow, both as humans and in art.

Alright so getting to the point now, when I first started out tattooing, I always told myself that realism isn't my thing , and it will probably never be, until... I tried it, obviously on something I felt comfortable with. Turns out , I actually really enjoyed it! Again it wasn't a portrait of anyone's family member or anything as such. It was a lion face but it was such a wonderful stress of the challenge that made me remember how fun it is to push myself and my limits. It was a real wake up call to realize that my limits have grown further away. Being so busy with all the normal stress of life and so immersed in drawing and tattooing everyday I hadn't realized that I had surpassed the skill level that I had set for myself in my mind. Now I'm not a cocky person in no way and I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything... what I'm trying to get at is that if we don't step back and take a look at what we have already accomplished and even the flaws that we hate, we won't see how far we have come.

So I suppose all in all this post is just a reminder to keep working at it, and that everything takes time. I guess I needed to realize this myself recently.

Lion face with added challenge of darker skin tone.
Oh and I have finally made a page dedicated to my work, on facebook, go have a look and Like/Share https://www.facebook.com/crystalmarietattoo/

2 comments:

  1. Toot your own horn! Great post and inspirational no less. Look forward to picking your brains on how to do realism. If you have anyone willing to be a guinea pig as well, don't hesitate to send them my way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing lion, Crystal Marie! Your wolf is about my favourite of Mario's!

    ReplyDelete